Tuesday, November 1, 2011

WINNING!

Ok, other than being a phrase we all heard so much we probably wanted to vomit over the summer, I am co-opting the phase "Winning" today because there were things I feel went excessively well.

First, I managed to write 1711 words on my NaNoWriMo novel today, putting me a tich ahead of the 1667 word/day pace that is prescribed to achieve 50,000 words by the end of the month.

Second and, in the grand scheme of things, much more importantly, I did my first volunteer shift tonight for the cat rescue.  Yes, it's cleaning cages. Which means I scoop litterboxes and refill food and water. Not glamourous at all but I felt REALLY GOOD afterwards in a way I can't really articulate.  Plus, I got to love on a bunch of kitties tonight.  Yes, my muscles are sore because I used a bunch of them that I don't usually use, but it's a good soreness and I'm that really GOOD tired that comes with accomplishment.

And now, because it's obscenely late and I got nowhere near enough sleep last night, I'm going to bed.

P. S. Another co-worker brought me coupons today.  I'm excited!

1 comment:

  1. I like the word 'Winning.' So glad Charlie Sheen invented it. I wonder if I should right a novel this month. <---okay... look at the sentence I just wrote. I would correct it, if it weren't for the irony.

    ReplyDelete