Monday, October 31, 2011

The Insanity Begins....

NaNoWriMo starts at midnight tonight.  It's 11:21 and I'm still awake because I'm going to start NaNo at midnight and then promptly (by 12:15am) go to bed.

Tomorrow night I have the first night of my new volunteer gig which will run from when I get there (hopefully about 5:30pm) until I finish (they estimate 2 hours. I am thinking that the first couple times will probably be closer to 3 hours.  Then come home, feed the chinchilla, feed Girl Cat her gooshyfood, try to wolf down some dinner, check e-mail and social media whilst eating and accommodating a cuddly Girl Cat then retiring to the office to frantically post a blog post and get in a few paragraphs on the NaNo Novel.

Wednesday night I am going to a write-in after work so will be home late, feed the chinchilla, feed Girl Cat her gooshyfood, try to wolf down some dinner, check e-mail and social media whilst eating and accommodating a cuddly Girl Cat then retiring to the office to frantically post a blog post and get in a few paragraphs on the NaNo Novel.

By this weekend I should be pathetically behind on my wordcount for the NaNo Novel, need to do the last of the cleaning that can reasonably be done at this point, clean out the car (including going to the DIY carwash), deal with the paperwork for the week, check to see if there are any write-ins happening, work on my novel AND start to pull together my product for my online store.  Because if I don't get that going, I will have nothing to sell for the holiday season. Nevermind that I SHOULD have started that in September but September was a fustercluck and October I was busy cleaning and organizing and trying to get used to "the new normal" so here it is almost freakin' NOVEMBER and I am desperately behind.  I will confess that at this point I am pretty much resigned to having to pretty much write an entire 50,000 words on the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend.

And now, I am off to the virtual kick-off for NaNoWriMo.  See ya on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment