Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally Friday

I'm glad that it is finally Friday.  I don't mind my job but I look forward to getting some sleep.  On the flip side of that, I am hoping I am not going to sleep the weekend away because I have things to do this weekend.  At least I am on track with my novel writing.  Which is one of the reasons I've been getting to bed late, so I guess it is a trade-off.

I got my lease renewal signed. There are several things that make me uncomfortable about it.  First, they won't give me a new parking sticker claiming that the folks who tow don't look at them anymore but if you get towed, you have to pay all the costs to get your car back, so I am not thrilled with that.  Secondly, there is a "bedbug addendum" to the lease that basically says that we have to pay for it if there are bedbugs in our apartment.   If I wanted liability, I would be a homeowner.  So, that sits wrong with me.  Also, my rent went up.  Not a lot, but it went up. And I guess I don't feel like I am getting more for the extra money.  They're letting in a lot of people who are violating their leases (loud outdoor parties, domestic violence (which, aside from its basic problem, it gets LOUD), kids running around until 11:30PM outside (not teens, LITTLE kids) unsupervised.  I am hoping that next year I can afford to move and can find a decent place.  If not, I should be able to afford a move in 2013.  As my sage co-worker Roy used to say "You do what you gotta do til you ain't gotta do it anymore".

Got a bunch of coupons to look through/clip before I go shopping this weekend.  But, for now, I'd best be getting back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment