Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Webcomic Wisdom

I was going to be a slacker and go to bed without posting tonight, but then I read Something*Positive and the final line grabbed me... "Don't let what you might lose blind you to all that you still have".  I'm not even entirely sure why that made me pause (and then burst into tears).  I'm pretty sure it will all become clear to me in the next couple of days. I am in a pattern at the moment of not getting enough sleep which tends to make me a little berserk in the emotions department.  At any rate, it struck me as important enough to post about and share with you.  And maybe it has to do with the entire Something*Positive today and the fact that the first anniversary of a good friend's passing is coming up which has me thinking more about life and mortality than I usually do.

On a more upbeat note... I did some writing on my NaNo novel tonight at the wine bar. There was good company and I think I may have found a nice little social group.  Which I really want/need.  It's nice to meet people who don't look at me like I'm growing a horn out of my forehead.  Tomorrow night I do my volunteer gig and Thursday is the Blogger gathering and Saturday... Saturday will be an adventure.  I got invited to and actually confirmed to go to a YELP gathering. As far as I know, there will not be anyone there that I know so I am hoping my social anxiety will be kept at bay.

But now it's way past bedtime and I should get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment