Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Efficiency

I came home tonight and did my laundry right away.  I used the WonderWash and it only takes a couple of minutes and *voila* clean clothes.  Yeah, they have to drip dry, but I really don't mind and if it saves me having to go to the laundromat, I'm all for it.

I thought about the other things I need to get done in the next week or so and the fact that I have a couple of projects at work that I really, really need to get done before Bosslady comes back and will likely end up staying late at least one of the remaining nights this week because every time I get something started during the day, there is another telemarketer on the phone and it is, quite frankly, really getting old.  Add to that the fact that people ask me to do things that Bosslady usually does (which I don't mind because it shows they have a little faith in me) but yesterday, the task I was asked to do took about 3 hours and I have other things I need to get done.  Still, I am supposed to be her backup/right hand person and so I endeavor to do that as much as possible when she's gone.

I also got reminded today to follow up on a project I'd started months ago but then never got information that was promised so I sortve let it drop.  I suppose I'll have to spend most of tomorrow working on that.  Which means that Thursday is probably the elected stay late night because who wants to stay late on Friday night?  And I have things going on this weekend and have to pay rent and then it's almost freakin' November already and I am doing NaNoWriMo this year so most of the evenings in November will be novel writing.  Which means I need to get the housekeeping that needs to be done finished up this weekend.

And I am thankful that I don't have any obligations on Thanksgiving this year. No family function that I have to attend, no football games I have to pretend to be interested in, no awesome food (wait... I am a little less than thankful about no awesome food...) but no binge eating and regret is a plus, right?

I'm doing fairly well in my quest to get to bed at a decent hour this week.  I haven't made 10:30 every night but I'm in bed by 10:45.  Now, if I can just have a night where I can STAY in bed, that'll be awesome.  (I was cold last night so got up and sat in a nice, hot bath for a while. Where I fell asleep... and then had a hard time sleeping once I got to bed...I'm pretty sure I'm part mermaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment