Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Sold My Soul to NaNoWriMo

I am a classic over-doer... and November is a key example of that every year.   So, here's the dealio about me and November...

November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and the goal is to write 50,000 words in the month of November (so, roughly 1650 words/day).

Add to that the fact that I signed up last month to do some volunteer work.  Guess what starts in NOVEMBER? Yep, there are 2 evenings where 2-3 hours of my time will be taken up doing volunteer work.  Not a big deal except I'll be doing it after I have worked my "day job" all day.  And then I have to come home, eat some dinner, write my 1650 words, maybe blog and catch up on emails and social media.

Remember LAST week when I wanted to get to bed at a decent hour every night? Well, I'm telling you now, screw that plan for November.  It's not going to happen and I know it.

I also realized that it is sheer insanity to think that the Closet o' Doom is going to get any attention in the month of November.  And while I may be crazy, I am not crazy enough to take on the Closet o' Doom in November because it will just make everyone (mostly me) very unhappy and stabbity.  Frankly, making sure that the critters get fed and the litter boxes get scooped and my basic household/self care chores get accomplished is going to stretch me to the limits in November.

So... if I start to slip on daily blog posts here, I swear that it's just for the month of November and I'll be better about it in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment