Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wait...it's Sunday?

I have no idea why I didn't post yesterday.  I guess I had thought that I did but then when I looked this morning, no post. So... maybe the gremlins took it away or maybe I have some sort of brain fog or something.  In any case, it's Sunday now and I am determined to get a decent amount of sleep this week which will include needing to get to bed at a decent hour tonight. 

I went to the laundromat today.  I do have a WonderWash and have been using it but I had towels and some heavier shirts that would take forever to drip dry and would probably end up feeling a little crispy.  The laundromat, though, is one of my least favorite places and so I do try to avoid it. But I braved it this afternoon and they had iCarly on the TV and that was... weird.  Not as weird as the hispanic cartoon shows on Saturday mornings at the laundromat and at least it was in English but it was hard to hear over screaming kids and the Mom who had conscripted her kids and was yelling orders at them as they occupied about half of the washers and dryers in the laundromat.    I don't know if these people save up all their laundry and wash it once a month or if they live in some sort of encampment and haul the entire encampment's laundry to the laundromat or what but it was a LOT of damn laundry she had those kids running around to take care of. 

A periodic trip to the laundromat was just what I needed to remind me that I don't want to go there unless I absolutely have to. 

I also took out the trash and ran the dishwasher today, as well as put the laundry away.  I know all of this probably sounds like no big deal but honestly, I am just NOT a Domestic Goddess so when things get done I feel inappropriately proud.

Meanwhile, the cat is mad at me because I ate dinner and didn't feed her yet.  I actually ate EARLY (for me) tonight and I don't like to feed the cat until about 8:30 otherwise she tries to act like she never gets fed and commences to complaining.

Well, going to go and get ready for the week! See y'all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment