Thursday, October 27, 2011

Baby, it's COLD outside

It's... a little chilly.  Not at all overwhelming, just a little chilly.  I set the thermostat at about 65 and turned from AC to heat this evening.  The heat hasn't really come on but I figure this way if it gets colder overnight I won't wake up with icicles on my toes.  As it is, I am going to take a nice, hot bath before bed so I won't lay there shivering (which makes it nearly impossible to sleep).  I know I've been told over the year that for optimal sleep, you need to keep yourself cool, which is all fine and dandy, I suppose, if you have a normal body temperature. I tend to run a bit cold though (normal temp for me is about 97, normal temp for most people is 98.6) and I CANNOT sleep if I am cold.

Still, I moved here from the Frozen Wasteland of Minnesnowta and do not miss that ONE BIT.  I do not miss ice. I do not miss snow. I do not miss 40 degrees BELOW ZERO for days on end. I do not miss gray, dreary skies for months on end.  I hated that with a passion and I am perfectly happy to deal with baking Texas summers which threaten to melt you when you step out your front door.  I'll deal with fingers burned on seatbelts and shift levers that leave me needing a skin graft because they're so hot.  At least I don't have to count my fingers and toes when I come in to make sure one didn't FALL OFF outside.  Anywhere that you can go outside and start getting frostbite in SECONDS is a place that I have no need to be!

Well, my brimming email box and then a hot bath await me.  It's past "a decent hour" for bed tonight and I'm not going to even come close.  It was a good run while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment