Friday, October 14, 2011

Life Segmentation

Like most of us, I have a lot going on in my life.  To make it easier to deal with everything, I tend to break my life into segments. I have different email addresses, for instance, so I can direct certain kinds of mail to an address dedicated to that segment of my life (separation of the "professional" and "personal").

I don't do this to hide myself or for the purpose of any sort of deception, I simply want some clear lines between personal and professional life and it's easier to do if I don't lump everything together all in one place.

Alura Delorean started as a pen name for me.  She became an avatar in Second Life. And now Alura's CrossWorlds Cafe is being born so I have a place to talk about couponing and giveaways and sweepstakes and saving money and don't have to inundate people in other parts of my life with posts and tweets and soforth that they probably don't have an interest in.

Welcome to Alura's CrossWorlds Cafe... I hope you find something useful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment