Saturday, October 15, 2011

TipJunkie + Best Buy = Excellent Event

I was pretty excited to find in my perusing the Internet and/or my email inbox this week (it's late Saturday night, I'm a little fuzzy at the moment) that there was an invitation to an event on a SATURDAY (which would be today, October 15, 2011) and it involved techy stuff (yay!) plus bloggers! Aside from my neverending quest to find the perfect purse, one of my other big loves in life is tech stuff.  And add getting to meet bloggers to getting to fondle tech stuff and YES, COUNT ME IN!!

I have to admit I was a little hesitant to make a drive all the way out to Keller, TX.  It's not THAT far, but it's about 40 miles and it's not an area I am familiar with AND (as I found out well into my trek) there is a boatload of construction happening so I got detoured and rerouted but finally found the place (in a neighborhood that was so nice that I was afraid I would get arrested for just looking at the houses...waaayyyy outta my league).

There was a drawing for a gift card, they gave away a fabulous all-in-one computer (that, honestly, I didn't covet until I got to caress it's screen and fondle it's REMOTE CONTROL). Plus, there was FOOD. And it was a beautiful day.

The ONLY down side to the whole thing was sitting out on the porch/veranda/patio (I don't know the proper term) there were a couple little kids kicking a ball with no regard for the fact that it was smacking people in the face and landing on people's plates and there was just no parent in sight... but that wasn't enough to quell my enjoyment of the day at all and I chatted with some awesome people and even though I didn't win any cool tech gear I left feeling it was an afternoon well spent.  (Plus, I was patting myself on the back for NOT eating one (or more) of the absolutely huge, very delicious looking cupcakes they had on the table even though I really, really (did I mention REALLY) wanted one but was saved by the fact that they were NOT chocolate).

Thank you to Laurie (aka TipJunkie) for the invite!

No comments:

Post a Comment