Saturday, October 29, 2011

Party of One

Halloween is my favorite holiday.  It's been, well, honestly, probably DECADES since the last time I went to a Halloween Party and this year I'm really wishing I had gotten to go to one.  But, I suppose that would mean I had friends who live somewhere locally instead of friends who live in my computer.

I finally made it to one of the Tribal Blogs Slumber Party gatherings tonight.  It was a lot of fun. I need to get a sling or something so I can cuddle my cat and still type.  As it is now, she drapes herself on my shoulder and my left arm makes sure she doesn't go sliding away which leaves me with just one hand to type which makes it really slow going.

It will be interesting to see if I get any trick-or-treaters this year.  I haven't had one yet in the two years I've been here.  I have candy, just in case.  I am hoping we get trick-or-treaters cuz it will be a sad, sad day for my hips if I have a big ol' bag of candy sitting around.  But I tried the trick of buying candy I DON'T like one year for Halloween and that stuff was still sitting around when the next Halloween came around. And that's wasteful.

I DID get the one major task I needed to get done this weekend done, though. The bedroom is sufficiently cleaned  (just need to tame the closet and it'll be completely done) And I got my new lease signed.  My rent went up $20 a month, which isn't awful especially considering that it didn't get raised at all last year.  I am hoping I can afford to move somewhere nicer next year but unless I get a hefty raise, I likely won't be able to move until mid-late 2013.

I'd better stop eating the toffee, though. I don't want to end up resembling The Great Pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment