Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Case of The Mondays

I woke up 2 hours late this morning. This was a bad sign. I stepped directly in the pile of cat hork on the floor at the foot of the bed. I was starting to think that MAYBE I should just crawl back into bed and try again tomorrow. Turns out, I should have listened to my gut on that one...

It wasn't the most horrible day ever but I'm not going to lie and tell you things went well. I figured that maybe my Tuesday Wino Rhinos would help cheer me up. And there were elements to the evening that were outstanding. Like the Nutella Cupcake.  But I didn't want to get started on politics tonight and there were politicians at the Wine Bar and I just felt like, I don't know, that I probably should have just stayed in bed today.

Sometimes social things go very well for me. Tonight didn't feel like it "clicked". And the internet was in and out for me so I didn't get the things done (like this blog post) that I had hoped to get done.

I find myself feeling on one hand like it's a really good thing that I have nothing planned for the rest of the week and that I should use the opportunity to get things done and then I am also sortve... bereft at having nothing to do and knowing that I have a series of nights alone. Which is stupid because I have so much work I need to be doing.

Perhaps I am just overtired and still trying to shake off my "out of sorts" feeling that began this morning. This will be good for me. It'll be good practice for things I know are to come.  Because I know that the only constant in life is change, even if it is a reset to (as the Talking Heads so eloquently put it) "Same As It Ever Was".

Hoping the rest of the week will be productive. Being smart and not doing what my first instinct is screaming at me to do because I KNOW it is the wrong thing. Should have had another glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment