Thursday, January 26, 2012

I am not a fan of vague notices from Management

I managed to not get washed away by the rain we've been having the past few days. All of the sidewalks where I live were flooded and so I spent most of my day with soggy feet which is not at all pleasant.

I'm working on a big project at work and I'm taking a Project Management class tomorrow. Something tells me that I needed to take this class a couple of weeks ago before getting embroiled in the whole big project.

I am not sure what I am going to do this weekend. I think if I was smart I would stay home and work on whipping the apartment into shape. Apparently, my apartment management have decided that they are going to be wishy washy idiots and tell us that "over the coming weeks" the Fire Department will be "inspecting random units".

This, to me, translates to : "We've decided that on any given day, we will come in and wander around your apartment because we feel like it and we're not going to put any sort of time constraint on it so you can't ever bitch if we've been in your apartment without giving you the required 24 hours advance written notice..."

Also, they want to be notified of any pets.  I will inform them I have the same pet count I've ALWAYS had when I drop off the rent on Saturday.  I am half tempted to get out all of my stuffed animals (and I have a HUGE collection. Yes, I know how old I am. Shut up.) and stage them all so they are all staring at the front door.  Or maybe I should get out one of my critter carriers, put my stuffed Rhino in it and put a note on the carrier that says "Danger -- Attack Rhino"...

I am also sorely tempted to inform them that my POSSLQ has an odd work schedule and so they may walk in on him naked since they won't be giving any sort of warning that they're coming and it is hardly fair to tell someone that they cannot enjoy nudity in their own home especially if they are not given a time period in which clothing is advised.  I'd enjoy seeing the look on their faces when I drop that little bomb. *evil grin

Of course, the worst of it is having to keep the apartment "company's coming" clean (as opposed to "lived in" clean) for an undetermined length of time and I'm still working on my big closet project, so things are... less than optimal at the moment and there's not a way for me to miraculously make things "company's coming" clean in the midst of that project.  I fully expect some sort of nastygram from the management company some day when I get home. I'm just going to do the best I can and not worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment