Friday, April 13, 2012

Paraskevidekatriaphobia

Today is Friday, the 13th... I am generally not a terribly superstitious person, but I do have a touch of  paraskevidekatriaphobia which is a fear of Friday, the 13th.

Today, in general, went allright. I was likely more cautious than usual because of my paraskevidekatriaphobia  which, you know, why borrow trouble?  And the morning commute went ok.  Well, except that I REALLY needed to use a restroom when I got to the train station and there was someone ENCAMPED in said restroom. So, I toughed it out. 

I was reading on Twitter that people were getting their signed bookplate for The Bloggess's book (which I pre-ordered back in November... the book, that is, the bookplate pre-order was a while later).  I checked the mail after work and sure enough, there was my envelope from Penguin (the publishers of the book) which I eagerly opened and IT WAS EMPTY. No bookplate.  To say I was sad would be a gross understatement. And, even though I am no one of influence, I did Tweet about it...but, because I am no one of influence, it did little but made me feel marginaly better.  And so, I came home and wrote a carefully worded e-mail to the publisher asking if, by chance, they could provide me with a bookplate (and I KNOW that there were only a limited number and I am likely shit outta luck).

And so... Friday the 13th did, indeed, get it's little dig in.  I am trying to be grateful that it wasn't something worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment