Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rejected

One of the things I like about blogging is that I can come here to my blog and write anything I want to and people may comment on it but no one will tell me "your writing isn't good enough" and refuse to publish what I've written.

Every now and then, though, I go to one of the writing communities I belong to and submit something.  Up until now, I've never had a problem and everything I have submitted has been accepted.  I wrote something last night (Ironically, about how I struggle to hit "publish" sometimes, due to a fear of rejection) and this morning, in my email box, was a note rejecting my submission.

And I understand the reason and everything but have to admit that it still kindve stung and I am now going to be very hesitant to submit anything in that community again.  Oh, I'll still write in the blog I have there, I just won't ever submit anything for publication there.  And yes, I know that part of being a writer is that you have things you submit for publication rejected ALL THE TIME but I guess that's why I prefer blogging... sure, people can comment that what I wrote was awful and that I should give up writing, but it's my blog, my forum and I can (within reason) publish anything I like here.

On a positive (non-writing relate) note...I spent most of yesterday working on the Closet From H3LL and it's now downgraded to the Closet From H3ck.  It needs more work, but at least it can be used as a place to hang clothes again. So... yay for that!

Have a wonderful Sunday and a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment