Monday, May 7, 2012

Catching Up

Things have been a tad chaotic, here at the CrossWorld's Cafe.  I met my heroine, Jenny "The Bloggess" Lawson and it was every bit as wonderful as I had hoped (though altogether way too brief).  I got my book signed and have now finished reading the book.

Here's the thing. I started reading the book when I first got it. And I loved it. But it wasn't something I could read on the bus (laughing on the bus is ill advised) and so it got put into the bathroom to be read whilst soaking in the tub. The only problem with that is that most of the time when I read in the tub I fall asleep and so I had to be careful to not drop my autographed copy into the bathwater.  It was a wonderful book and I laughed til it hurt and a couple of times I cried a little and found myself, perhaps all too often, nodding my head knowingly.

So, now I am finished with the book and feel a little bereft knowing I've finished and so am back to hanging around waiting for Jenny's next blog post.  Still, I have those to look forward to, so life is good.

Not so good... I've spent the past couple of days incredibly sick. I'm pretty sure it was the Indian Buffet I had on Saturday and...blargh.  My stomach is still not happy but I'm at that weird point right now where I am not entirely sure if the pain in my stomach means "feed me" or "get ready to hurl again".  Even though I desperately want mac n' cheese and bacon (I dunno, that's just what I'm hungry for), I'm having a smoothie.

Also from the not so good side... someone got shot in the parking lot in front of my apartment on Saturday.  I am thinking it was not a fatality because I can't find anything about it in the news or on the police website.

Lastly, for tonight, I had a conference call on Saturday and it looks like I will, indeed, be traveling to Boston to officiate at a wedding in June.  I am both excited and nervous.  Not so nervous about the wedding (though I am anxious about NOT SCREWING UP) but more nervous about the travel. Even though I have been flying my whole life, I don't like to do it.

So... that's the catch up for now. Have a stellar week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment